Web and Video Motion Graphics Designer
Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to deliver The New Editorial—engaging and meaningful communications. From documentary films and long-form journalism to corporate strategies and brand campaigns, GDP helps brands, organizations, and movements tell better stories. GDP was founded in February 2017 by co-CEOs Patrick Godfrey and Scott Dadich. Godfrey co-founded Godfrey Q in 2003, and fourteen years later Dadich joined to lead a new kind of firm. Godfrey Dadich Partners is a part of the kyu Collective. And we’re looking for a Web and Video Motion Designer to join our team.
As a motion graphics designer at Godfrey Dadich Partners, your role extends beyond pure animation. You’ll be encouraged to work as a designer, taking web and video projects from concept to delivery. As a creative firm, we take on a wide variety of projects, from long-form documentaries to concise brand explainers to digital banners. The right candidate will have the skills, energy, and optimism to tackle the diverse creative challenges our clients present to us. But most importantly, the right candidate will be hungry to stretch and grow with the production and video teams.
- Producing a wide variety of motion graphics and animated videos for clients and internal use
- Producing animated HTML5 banners using Adobe Animate or equivalent
- Working closely with creative and strategic partners to come up with motion ideas
- Balancing multiple projects under tight deadlines, with an ability to prioritize
- Organizing, maintaining, and reviewing specs and client assets, with a keen eye for file organization and design systems
- Working cross-functionally with all departments
- 3-5+ years of experience as a motion graphics designer
- An up-to-date portfolio that clearly illustrates exceptional skills with web and motion graphics work
- A solid understanding of producing HTML5 banners, as well as the ad serving process
- Highly creative and visual-thinking with strong design skills
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented in post-production management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Deep familiarity with video production for social media
- A clear understanding of the full post-production process
- Highly proficient with Adobe Animate, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience with 3D software such as Cinema 4D or similar is a plus
- Strong typographic sensibilities
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We are always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future. And we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. Committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team, we value different points of view, and we welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.