Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to deliver The New Editorial—engaging and meaningful communications. From documentary films and long-form journalism to corporate strategies and brand campaigns, GDP helps brands, organizations, and movements tell better stories. GDP was founded in February 2017 by co-CEOs Patrick Godfrey and Scott Dadich. Godfrey co-founded Godfrey Q in 2003, and fourteen years later Dadich joined to lead a new kind of firm. Godfrey Dadich Partners is a part of the kyu Collective. And we’re looking for a Senior Designer to join our team.
You’re a strategic creative with design and art direction experience who balances design craft with a strong concept. You’re excited by the prospect of working for a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, design-centric firm where you’ll be asked to solve problems for an array of compelling clients using the highest level of insight and rigor. You are a leader among your peers, capable of developing strategic creative concepts and presenting with confidence.
This role is open to candidates based out of both New York City and San Francisco.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing simple and elegant approaches to complex design problems that keep client goals, audience, business needs, and strategy in consideration.
- Translating brand strategy into innovative visual storytelling and intuitive design solutions.
- Working in lockstep with creative leadership, collaborating with a team of designers, copywriters, account managers, and strategists to refine and elevate design concepts, recommendations, and solutions.
- Working through all phases of the creative development process—ideation to execution.
- Working across multiple projects, maintaining a focused awareness for individual approaches and varied timelines.
- 7+ years of designing experiences across multiple platforms; however, less experienced candidates with advanced portfolios should also apply.
- Strong knowledge of scaleable identity and/or editorial systems, well-developed skills in ideation and execution, and a world-class portfolio to back it up.
- Recognizes the importance of “the idea”—connecting design and strategy.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful with excellent communication skills. Must be able to articulate, annotate, and present the logic underlying proposed designs clearly and persuasively.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to delegate to junior designers, manage projects in conjunction with the project manager, work under pressure and on tight deadlines, and remain mindful of project scopes and budgets.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite and interest in learning newly-emerging design tools. Familiarity with Keynote and Figma is a plus.
- Motion design is a strong plus.
- Experience with digital design is a plus.
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the team.