Lead Software Engineer
- Full Time
We’re seeking a lead software engineer with leadership capabilities for our growing digital experiences team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to rally and direct engineering teams to meet a high creative bar, and make well-researched decisions about technical direction/solutions for clients like Nike, Disney, and the ACLU. This person should have the ability to effectively scope work, estimate effort, time, and resources needed for prospective work. This role involves a mix of active contribution at a senior level, as well as leading an extended team of engineers, including delegating tasks to appropriate resources, code reviews, and mentoring. This person will work on projects for GDP clients, as well as ongoing projects to improve our own web infrastructure and explore emerging technologies like proprietary tools and AR/VR integrations.
There will be client-facing opportunities, so good communication skills and the ability to interface with clients as a team member of GDP is a must.
The role involves working cooperatively with design leads to realize and up-level the proposed design solutions. The candidate must be a proactive and collaborative engineer who appreciates the importance of good design and maintaining design fidelity during the implementation process.
This client-facing role is preferably based in either San Francisco or New York City, but remote candidates are encouraged to apply as well.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with design and project management leads in early stages of projects to provide input on scopes. This includes shaping a vision for what technical infrastructure will support the best user experience.
- Working closely with design leads to translate and up-level design work for client projects, adhering to project timelines and attending internal or client meetings as needed.
- Providing mentorship and code review support to internal and partner engineers.
- Participating in regular web team meetings to review in-progress work and aid in unblocking work flows and promoting efficient work processes.
- 5+ years engineering experience
- Strong experience specifically developing marketing websites and publishing platform with a passion for exploring new technologies
- Strong working knowledge of everything JS, from Node to React
- Next.js, Styled Components, and Styled System are all pluses
- Basic knowledge or experience with site management and deployment on AWS, GCP, and Digital Ocean
- Deep understanding of system design and the ability to plan and scope a full scale application based on a loosely defined product idea or design concept
- Experience with implementing designs from Figma
- Experience working with headless CMS’s like Contenful or Prismic, or comfortable researching and recommending more appropriate platforms per client needs.
- A deep interest in and appreciation for the value of design and attention to detail in translating designs to code. If you’re familiar with detailing any of these, you’re on the right track: letter-spacing, line-spacing, widows, orphans, hanging punctuation, and column-based design systems.
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We are always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future. We recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team, we value different points of view, and we welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team. Please share a link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant client work. (Include passwords if needed.)
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Godfrey Dadich Partners.