- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
Godfrey Dadich Partners brings the best of journalism, strategy, and design together into The New Editorial. We’re looking for a project manager to join our growing team.
You have the steady nerves and foresight commonly found in air traffic control rooms. You’ll bring your skills to bear in a fast-moving environment involving multiple deadlines, projects, and personalities. You’ll be responsible for the successful flow of print and digital work between creatives, editors, production gurus, and account management types. You ensure that projects are carried out on time and at the highest level of quality. You’re proactive and willing to pitch in to help teammates—and it helps if you’re an empathetic listener, too.
This is a San Francisco-based role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and updates schedules and project plans based on SOWs, client briefs, and input from the account and creative leads.
- Ensures teams are briefed properly and that all deliverables, dependencies, timelines, and budgets are understood.
- Works alongside creatives, account managers, editors, and the production team to create compelling and beautiful content.
- Manages the approval process for internal and external stakeholders in partnership with relevant department and project leads.
- Actively tracks all assigned projects and keeps department and project lead(s) abreast of workload and day-to-day updates.
- Leads and actively participates in all internal status meetings on assigned accounts.
- Anticipates and communicates team needs, project gating issues, and general updates throughout the project lifecycle.
- ± 4 years of experience working in a project management role, ideally in a design or design-related context.
- Deep understanding of the content development process (web, advertising, social, etc.) and its critical dependencies.
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, and motivated, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who proactively moves projects forward.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to articulate, document, and present the status of a project and the key dependencies to get it to completion.
- Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and iterative design process.
- Abnormally well organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Familiar with Slack, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Microsoft Office, and Keynote.
- Calm under pressure.
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We are always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future. We recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. And we are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team, and we value different points of view, and we welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.