- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to deliver The New Editorial—engaging and meaningful communications. From documentary films and long-form journalism to corporate strategies and brand campaigns, GDP helps brands, organizations, and movements tell better stories. GDP was founded in February 2017 by co-CEOs Patrick Godfrey and Scott Dadich. Godfrey co-founded Godfrey Q in 2003, and fourteen years later Dadich joined to lead a new kind of firm. Godfrey Dadich Partners is a part of the kyu Collective. And we’re looking for a senior Editor to join our team.
This person must have significant experience in non-fiction storytelling and preferably comes from a journalism background. This person must also work with clients to ensure great outcomes; a client services or agency background is a plus.
As a practitioner of The New Editorial, this person will write, edit, and also manage other writers, editors, and producers—be they on staff, contract, freelance, or those in-house with our clients—helping all of them tell great stories using the tools, rules, and conventions of narrative journalism. They will help lead story generation, story hunting, and execution and work closely with creative, video, production, and other departments of the firm to ensure outstanding integrations. The various media this person will work in includes (but is not limited to) longform magazine-style narrative journalism, fast web-based journalism, podcasts, visual storytelling, infographics, videos, TV and film, social media, and live events.
They will also shape how the firm approaches editorial projects; recruit new writers; and contribute to expanding the capabilities of the firm’s editorial arm. They must be comfortable working in highly fluid environments and entrepreneurial-minded in their approach to helping clients achieve their storytelling goals.Further, this person will be a key player in GDP’s work writ large. They will do everything from helping clients discover their “why” to contributing to client’s ad campaigns to supporting GDP’s own editorial projects.
This role is based in San Francisco.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Writing, editing, and reporting
- Working with other writers and editors to produce excellent work
- Helping clients find stories and ideas that resonate with them
- Helping build and execute editorial strategies
- Contribute research and ideas in all storytelling formats, including podcasts, social-first series, and documentary film and TV
- Representing the firm to clients
- Writing and editing across disciplines, from strategy to social to advertising
- Journalism experience
- Understanding of both feature-style narratives and fast, web-based storytelling
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, and motivated, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who moves projects forward
- Excellent research and interviewing skills; must be able to distill meaning from information and collect and synthesize ideas and trends
- Strong writing skills; must have the ability to craft a narrative and write with attitude and voice
- Strong editing skills; must be able to help outside writers improve their work
- Great communications skills; must be able to present themselves in a professional manner with clients
- Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and often iterative editorial process
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience in client services or agency work a plus
- Familiar with Slack, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Keynote a plus
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.