Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to deliver The New Editorial—engaging and meaningful communications. From documentary films and long-form journalism to corporate strategies and brand campaigns, GDP helps brands, organizations, and movements tell better stories. GDP was founded in February 2017 by co-CEOs Patrick Godfrey and Scott Dadich. Godfrey co-founded Godfrey Q in 2003, and fourteen years later Dadich joined to lead a new kind of firm. Godfrey Dadich Partners is a part of the kyu Collective. And we’re looking for a Video Editor to join our team.
As a video editor at Godfrey Dadich Partners, your role extends beyond just editing. You’ll work as a creative storyteller, where the narrative is core to every video project at GDP. As a creative firm, we take on a wide variety of projects, from long-form documentaries to concise brand explainers. The right candidate will have the skills, energy, and optimism to tackle the diverse creative challenges our clients throw at us. Most importantly, you’re hungry to stretch and grow with the team.
This is a San Francisco-based role.
- Edit a wide variety of videos for client and internal use.
- Adept at creating simple motion graphics.
- Concept video ideas using storyboards and scripts while working closely with creative and strategic partners.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments.
- At least 3 years+ experience as a video editor in either marketing, journalism, and/or documentary production.
- An up-to-date reel that clearly illustrates exceptional editing skills and creative flair.
- Strong storytelling sensibilities.
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented in post-production management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Very familiar with video production for social media.
- Has a clear understanding of the full video production process.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a basic understanding of the rest of the Adobe Creative suite.
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.