Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to deliver The New Editorial—engaging and meaningful communications. From documentary films and longform journalism to corporate strategies and brand campaigns, GDP helps brands, organizations, and movements tell better stories. GDP was founded in February 2017 by co-CEOs Patrick Godfrey and Scott Dadich. Godfrey co-founded Godfrey Q in 2003, and fourteen years later Dadich joined to lead a new kind of firm. Godfrey Dadich Partners is a part of the kyu Collective. And we’re looking for a Photo Researcher to join our team.
The ideal candidate:
You have a keen eye for strong imagery, are detail-driven, and thrive in a collaborative environment. You have a passion for photography, may consider yourself to be a photo nerd, and have a strong foundation in photo research. You work well on both small, focused projects and complex, large-scale ones. While you will report to the director of photography and work closely with the design department, you are also a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously. In addition to stellar taste in visuals, you also have strong written and communication skills and are well-versed in negotiating fees, rights, and contract terms. You’re adept at resourcing images, managing files, and working within a Data Asset Management (DAM) tool. You are comfortable working closely with art directors and editors, balancing creative goals with budgets and research parameters. You have a diverse network of photo research resources across many genres, and have a strong grasp of the landscape of photographers in the editorial and commercial worlds. You not only work systematically, but you are also a problem solver with an appetite for creative solutions, approaching your work with inventiveness and tenacity.
You have a strong drive for thoroughness and a creative mind, and are eager to jump into a project to ensure the best possible options are sourced. You enjoy the organic nature of the creative process and are looking for a place where you can be yourself while being open to both feedback and growth opportunities.
GDP has offices in San Francisco and New York and we practice a hybrid model of working. We’re open to discussing a remote position for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the director of photography to source dynamic imagery and uphold image standards across the Godfrey Dadich brand
- Managing and maintaining the Godfrey Dadich DAM system
- Collaborating with the design and editorial teams to help bring their ideas to life through effective and impactful imagery
- Working directly with photographers and stock agencies to source appropriate imagery for campaigns, brand IDs, image libraries, social campaigns, pitches, editorial projects, and internal needs
- Helping to execute and manage resource lists of photographers and carry out photo research for the GDP creative team
- Executing stellar asset management, naming conventions, and maintaining good file hygiene across all projects
- Negotiating and managing rights, usage, and licensing agreements for projects.
- Creating and presenting mood boards and concepts to the internal team for feedback
- Previous experience working in a professional photo environment, and/or a degree in a photo-centered field
- Experience working within a DAM
- Well-versed in all aspects of photo research
- Experience licensing artwork and a solid understanding of image rights and usage
- Strong creative asset management skills
- A true passion for photography and a respect for the art of design
- A developed eye for photography, with the ability to evaluate imagery and clearly communicate why and how an image is perceived
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and work within deadlines; good time management skills and the ability to speak up when help is needed
- Comfortable with an organic and iterative design process and thorough critiquing
- Approaches feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve as an individual and as a team member
- Highly collaborative and resourceful, rising to challenging situations with a positive attitude
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate concepts clearly and persuasively
- Stellar organizational skills
- Demonstrated fluency with Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom/Bridge and GSuite products
- A strong foundation in the essentials of photo retouching
- Experience working with: Brandfolder, Dropmark, Slack, Airtable, Keynote, Figma, and Sketch
- Experience communicating and presenting work to clients
- Experience negotiating and working with contracts for photo productions
- Experience working at a stock agency or similar work environment
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision—but we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.